$15,000 worth of prizes are up for grabs at the Tin Roof Cantina Acoustic Showdown. Every Monday at the Tin Roof Cantina artists get to perform three original songs as they compete for a share of the prize package. Week two of the 25th series included the following performers:
- Mike Wallis
- Matt Urbanek
- Dave Houston
- Ben Wade Marcum
- In the Presence of the Sun
- Keith Cuts
- McKenzie Jasper
To select the winner the Tin Roof Acoustic Showdown team received a vote for two performers from the fans. Each performer also got to select two other performers as their favorites. Peer voting counted for 5 points and fan votes for 1 point.
This week’s winner was Tin Roof Cantina Acoustic Showdown veteran Ben Wade Marcum. His tear inducing performance of “Hold On” was a big part of what won the night for him.
Samer and Anji tied for second place and will be going on to the Semi-Finals on July 26th.
Ben Wade Marcum, Samer and Anji are one step closer to the Tin Roof Acoustic Showdown grand prize which includes:
- $1,000 Cash from Goose Island Brewing, New Belgium Brewing and Egan’s Irish Whiskey and Fire on the Mountain Cinnamon Whiskey
- $1,000 worth of video production from shadow walk films
- Feature at Libro Musica
- 8 hours of engineering and 4 hours of audio production from David Lopez Audio
- Social Media Marketing package from Occipital Media
- Stage and Event Design from On Point Creative
- EP Mastering from Martina Albano Mastering
- Gig from Rival Entertainment
- Gig at Tin Roof Cantina
- Set at Virginia Highlands Summer Fest
- Ed Lee Photography Photo Shoot
Mark Your Calendar
The Tin Roof Cantina Acoustic Showdown continues every Monday through July 22nd The Semi-Finals are Monday, July 29th with the Grand Finale on Friday, August 9th.