A few times a year for over six years the Acoustic Showdown has brought emerging artists from Atlanta and surround states to the stage at the Tin Roof Cantina to compete for a share each series’ prize package. The total prize package has increased to $15,000 worth of prizes for the 25th edition of the Tin Roof Cantina Acoustic Showdown. Week one of the 25th series, as is typical, brought new faces as well as Acoustic Showdown veterans. Tonight’s performers were:
To select the winner the Tin Roof Acoustic Showdown team received a vote for two performers from the fans. Each performer also got to select two other performers as their favorites. Peer voting counted for 5 points and fan votes for 1 point.
This week’s winner was Lorelou with Sanjey Kothari taking the runner up spot.
Lorelou and Sanjey Kothari are one step closer to the Tin Roof Acoustic Showdown grand prize which includes:
- $1,000 Cash from Goose Island Brewing, New Belgium Brewing and Egan’s Irish Whiskey and Fire on the Mountain Cinnamon Whiskey
- $1,000 worth of video production from shadow walk films
- Feature at Libro Musica
- 8 hours of engineering and 4 hours of audio production from David Lopez Audio
- Social Media Marketing package from Occipital Media
- Stage and Event Design from On Point Creative
- EP Mastering from Martina Albano Mastering
- Gig from Rival Entertainment
- Gig at Tin Roof Cantina
- Set at Virginia Highlands Summer Fest
- Ed Lee Photography Photo Shoot
Mark Your Calendar
The Tin Roof Cantina Acoustic Showdown continues every Monday through July 22nd The Semi-Finals are Monday, July 29th with the Grand Finale on Friday, August 9th.